Overview of the organization
Victory Care Hospital (VCH), formerly called City Memorial Hospital was opened on January 10, 1954. The cost of the hospital was $2, 500, 000.00 and it occupied 110, 000 square feet. In 1970, the hospital oversaw its first expansion. A 100 bed and a new technology were opened in a new 2 story edifice structure. The original structure had 55 bed units. In 1980, a 40 acre land was acquired to expand the existing facility increasing patient care capacity 20% to a total 200 beds. The hospital is located at the junction of Pasture Rose Boulevard and Independence in Johnson County.
In 1990, it was operated as non-for-profit hospital until 1995 when it became part of HCA, the nation’s largest for-profit hospital chain. For many years, the hospital has become successful due in part to the dedicated services of its employees and volunteers whose endless commitments of hard work could not be ignored. The employees have the talent and the time to meet the challenges and obligations of the healthcare industry. Despite the growing challenges of healthcare demands, the employees and volunteers of the hospital have continued to provide quality care to patients.
As part of the hospital chain, VCH expanded its services within the community. These services were needed to meet the growing needs of the population and to ensure continuity of care. Cardiology services, cyberknife technology to treat cancer cells, emergency department services, birthing, and pain management centers are just a few examples of services provided by the hospital. The expansion of these services always come at a cost to both employees and patients. Most employees complain of inadequate staffing to fill vacant positions and are overstretched. Management intent to reduce spending and maximize profits at the expense of dedicated employees are impetus for employee dissatisfaction and unhappiness at the workplace. Most employees have no choice but to leave and…